- Drilling and completion of the subsequent well(s): The following well(s) are targeting other identified high permeability zones in order to allow for a reinjection of the cooled brine and the most efficient resource exploitation. In case of a doublet the resource development consists only of the injection well.
- Logging, testing, sampling and if applicable: enhancement: Similar to the previously described steps, the same procedures are applied to the other well(s) in order to confirm the resource characteristics.
- Surface installation of the thermal water cycle: A surface pipe is constructed to connect the wellheads of the geothermal production and injection well and to establish the geothermal circuit.
- Circulation test: The circulation test reveals if the injectivity of the injector well can accommodate the flow rates of the producing well. During this test, the pressure and flow rates are evaluated to maintain sustainable production and to minimise e.g. the risk of induced seismicity.
- Securing construction permits: Provided that all data available to this point allows for a positive go/no-go decision the permits for the construction of the power/heat plant are secured hand in hand with plant design, negotiations and tendering.
Related Core Services